Our Differences Are Our Greatest Assets
We believe that cultural and racial differences are valuable dimensions of Malone University’s campus. They enhance the learning environment and enrich the entire community.
What We Do
We provide resources, support services and educational programming that allows Malone to build and maintain a community that is more inclusive of under-represented American ethnic minorities and international students.
Our mission is to increase the number of students of color who achieve success at Malone University. To accomplish this mission, we strive to:
- improve the campus climate and academic environment for students of color
- assist the Office of Admissions in the expansion of recruitment of students of color
- provide services to students of color which will help them become more successful
- provide resources and educational programming concerning Multicultural issues
- coordinate orientation programs for ethnic minorities , international, and children of missionaries
Operating under the office of the Provost, our services include multicultural awareness programming for Humanities 100, several other classes, our faculty and our staff. We also provide assistance with orientation, resolve problems related to campus life and offer personal advising for students of color.
Another important role we play is to assist and underwrite some of the costs for students or staff to attend multicultural, international or multiracial conferences or workshops.
Our services also include collecting and distributing information on opportunities that would be of special interest to students of color, including scholarships, employment, internships, graduate programs and campus activities.
Find out more about our programs and events.
Drop in and get acquainted at our office, located on the second floor of “The Barn”, 2600 Cleveland Ave. NW, Canton, Ohio 44709. Or, for more information, ofgriraf+znybar+rqh .