Are you ready to transform your passion into a purposeful career? Start your application process today and embark on a journey that prepares you for success in the dynamic field of exercise science.
Set apart - for your potential!
We believe in providing you with a foundation that extends beyond the classroom. Our Exercise Science program is crafted to ignite your passion for health, wellness, and sports performance, ensuring you are well-equipped for a purposeful career.
- Hands-on Experiences: You’ll engage in real-world scenarios to enhance your skills through hands-on experiences - the very best way to solidify what you’re learning in the classroom.
- Cutting-Edge Facilities: You’ll be learning with state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, including the renowned “BOD POD”, setting the standard for body tracking systems. The recent dedication of our Exercise Science lab symbolizes our commitment to providing you with facilities that rival the best in the region. We’ll help you learn on equipment you’ll be using in your career so you can experience the best technology available and give you resume boosters in the process.
- Integration of Christian Values: It’s vital to us that you grow in your faith while you’re in Malone’s exercise science degree program. Faith is integrated into the classroom and beyond, so you graduate with a strong foundation, ready to make a difference for Christ’s Kingdom in your career.
Your pathway to success with an exercise science degree
Malone’s Exercise Science major is not just a degree; it’s a transformative pathway toward a meaningful career. Here’s how our program stands out:
This is not a one-size-fits-all major. You get to choose a concentration that aligns with your interests and career goals.
- Medical Fitness. There are many immediate employment opportunities waiting for you in the thriving medical fitness sector. You’ll be prepared to jump in and contribute right away.
- Pre-Athletic Training. Want a concentration that lets you lean into your love of sports? Prepare for a career in athletic training with specialized knowledge and hands-on learning.
- Pre-Occupational Therapy. Many students pursue an exercise science major because they want to eventually get into occupational therapy. This specialized concentration prepares you with everything you’ll need for success as you continue your education.
- Pre-Physical Therapy. Do you have a heart for helping people in practical, everyday ways? You’ll want to consider the Pre-Physical Therapy track. This concentration helps you gain a competitive edge for advanced studies in physical therapy, so you can help others regain mobility, recover from injury, and much more!
Networking and Internships in Exercise Science
We’re not just here to give you an education: we want to give you opportunities to excel. That’s why we help you forge connections that matter during your time at Malone. You’ll benefit from our extensive partnerships with rehabilitation centers, hospitals, sports medicine facilities, and fitness centers as you secure career-building internships.
A few of our partners include: NovaCare, Ortho United, Aultman Hospital, Summa Health, and Mcbrearty's Chiropractic.
When you’re striving for a career with exercise science as the foundation, you will often find yourself working 1-on-1 with people who are pushing themselves to be better fit or heal their bodies. Your unique role gives you the opportunity to care for and serve people in practical ways. We’re here to help you develop not just the best skills and knowledge you’ll need to succeed, but in your faith and maturity as well, so you will be prepared to be the hands and feet of Jesus to the world around you.
- Experience your education through use of the latest technology, including the "BOD POD," the gold standard of body tracking systems.
- Discover immediate employment with a concentration in medical fitness or pursue graduate school with concentrations in pre-professional programs like pre-physical therapy, pre-occupational therapy, pre-athletic training.
- Network and earn internships through our long-standing community partnerships with rehabilitation centers, hospitals, sports medicine centers, or fitness and sports performance facilities.
- Medical Fitness
- Pre-Athletic Training
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy