Start your affordable path to a career and life filled with purpose and meaning.
Apply now to be considered for Malone University scholarship opportunities, including our $32,000 Guarantee*, which makes quality private education competitive with a public institution price!
The guarantee means that students accepted to Malone receive at least $8,000 per year (up to half tuition) based on their high school GPA and standardized test scores. In addition to this guaranteed scholarship, more than 90% of our students receive other forms of financial aid.
See below for other potential sources of scholarships for which you may be eligible. Malone University uses the student's unweighted grade point average for admission and financial aid decisions.
*The $32,000 Guarantee only pertains to year, full-time, regularly admitted students.
Scholarship opportunities for full-time, undergraduate students*
- Christian High School Scholarship & Homeschool Scholarship - Students who attend and graduate from a Christian high school or who are homeschooled will receive a $1,000 per year grant.*
- Evangelical Friends Scholarship - Incoming first-time freshmen who attend an Evangelical Friends church will receive a $1,000 per year grant.*
- Yellow Ribbon Scholarship - For members of the U.S. armed forces.
*Please note: No more than one of these scholarships can be awarded to a student at the same time and students who receive athletic scholarships are not eligible. Contact the Office of Admissions or Financial Aid for further information.
Talent-/Merit- Based Scholarship
- Scholars' Day Scholarship/President’s Scholarship Competition - Students who meet the GPA requirement of 3.6 or above will be invited to our Scholars' Day event. Participants are encouraged to apply to the Honors Program for special classes, Honors housing options, and social activities. Two students will be are awarded a full-tuition President's scholarship. To participate, students must have applied and been accepted no later than January 2.
- Malone Serves Scholarship Competition - Students who have demonstrated vision and leadership in their high school, community, and/or church will be invited to the Malone Serves event. Required GPA of 3.0 or above to participate. One winner will be awarded a renewable full-tuition and several participants will be awarded $1,000 renewable scholarships (with continued participation). All recipients will participate in serve opportunities throughout the school year. To participate, students must have applied and been accepted no later than January 23.
- Leadership Malone Scholarship Competition - Students who have a passion for diversity, equity, and inclusion can attend this scholarship competition where they'll put their ideas into conversation with the ideas of other future Malone students who share their passion. Required GPA of 2.75 or above to participate. One winner will be awarded a renewable full-tuition scholarship, and several participants will also be awarded $1,000 renewable scholarships (with continued participation). All recipients will receive mentoring in campus leadership through the Office of Multicultural Services. To participate, students must have applied and been accepted no later than March 1.
- Athletics - Student-athletes wishing to compete in NCAA Division II may be eligible for athletic scholarships in addition to academic scholarships. These are awarded at the discretion of the coach and athletic director. In order to be eligible, athletes must have an account with the NCAA Eligibility Center.
- Honors Program Scholarship - Any student meeting the requirements for the program can apply. Students attending Scholars' Day are also qualified to apply. Up to 40 $1,000 scholarships will be chosen. Deadline to apply: February 15.
- Music Scholarship- Students with musical talent can audition for a Music Scholarship. Scholarships are available up to as much as $5,000.
- English Program Fellowship - Students who are majoring in Creative Writing, English, or Integrated Language Arts are eligible to apply for a merit-based scholarship up to $1,000 per year. Deadline to apply: February 15.
- International Student Scholarship - International students enrolling full-time at Malone will receive the Malone International Grant at 50 percent of tuition. This grant is inclusive of a student’s academic scholarship if eligible. Therefore the student may qualify for either this grant or an academic scholarship (whichever is larger).
- Endowed scholarship for students who are studying Social Sciences (History, Political Science, and Integrated Social Studies) - The James H. Stuckey Memorial Scholarship for Incoming Students. Deadline to apply: February 1.
- Endowed scholarship for students who are members or attendees of one of six churches attended by Clarence R. and Fayetta Sekerak.
- Stark County Scholars - For students who have graduated from a Stark County high school and plan to enroll at Malone, have sufficient financial need, and wish to commute to Malone, we offer a special scholarship program guaranteeing a no out-of-pocket tuition program. The program combines a Malone scholarship with state, federal, and loan funds to make up the financial aid package. Students must be accepted to the University, complete the financial aid process, and qualify for an Ohio College Opportunity Grant. NEW! We also offer an option which provides housing, and the student pays for board charges. Students can now choose between the commuter and option.
- Stark State Alumni Scholars - For students who have graduated from Stark State and plan to enroll at Malone, have sufficient financial and wish to commute to Malone, we offer a special scholarship program guaranteeing a no out-of-pocket tuition program. The program combines a Malone scholarship with state, federal, and loan funds to make up the financial aid package. Students must be accepted to the University, complete the financial aid process. and qualify for an Ohio College Opportunity Grant. NEW! We also offer an on-campus option which provides housing, and the student pays for board charges. Students can now choose between the commuter and on-campus option.
- Foster Care/Orphan Scholarship - Full tuition, room, board — including funds to help cover books — is included. Award is inclusive of all state, federal, and loan funds that the student qualifies to receive, as well as funds up to the cost of enrollment. Two scholarships are available each year; for more information contact the Director of Financial Aid or the Director of Admissions.
Use our Net Price Calculator to get started.
Looking for more?
Additional sources of financial aid are available through your local community foundation and free online search platforms that help connect students to scholarships and other financial aid options. We recommend searching for scholarships by utilizing a free personalized search that compares your background with a database of awards. There are several free scholarship databases available online, such as Fastweb. Our financial aid counselors can provide you with additional information upon request.