Scholarships & Grants
If you’re interested in applying to Malone University, you may be eligible for a scholarship.
Which category applies to you?
- Freshman Residential Academic Scholarships & Grants (Fall 2018)
- Freshmen Commuter Academic Scholarships & Grants (Fall 2018)
- Transfer Academic Scholarships & Grants (Fall 2018)
Other grant/scholarship opportunities for full-time undergraduate students*
- Alumni Scholarship - Students who have a parent or parents who graduated from Malone are eligible for a $1,000 per year Alumni Scholarship.*
- Christian High School Scholarship - Students who attend and graduate from a Christian high school will receive a $1,000 per year grant.*
- Homeschool Scholarship - Students who are homeschooled will receive a $1,000 per year grant.*
- Evangelical Friends Scholarship - Students who attend an Evangelical Friends church will receive a $1,000 per year grant.*
- Mayor’s Scholarship - Students who live in the City of Canton are eligible.
- Pastor/Missionary Dependent Scholarship - Students who are dependents of a pastor or missionary will receive a $1,000 per year grant.*
- Young Life Scholarship - For students who were three-year participants in Young Life in high school and who are willing to take a leadership course at Malone. $1,000 per year grant. * Deadline: February 15.
- Note that not more than one of these scholarships can be awarded to a student at the same time. Student must complete the application for admission and be accepted to Malone.
Talent-/Merit- Based Scholarships
- Music Scholarships:
- Scholars Day Scholarship/President’s Scholarship - Admitted freshmen applicants meeting the required ACT/SAT and GPA requirements will be invited to Malone’s Scholars Day event. Two Scholars Day Winners are awarded full-tuition scholarships. The full-tuition scholarship is a replacement for any other Malone scholarship, is inclusive of all state and federal grants, and requires a student to complete a FAFSA to be awarded.
- Honors Program Scholarships - Any student meeting the requirements for the program can apply. Students attending Scholars Day are also qualified to apply. Thirty $1,000 scholarships will be chosen from those that apply. Deadline to apply: February 15.
- VISIO Scholarship - Admitted freshmen applicants who have demonstrated vision and leadership in their high school, community, and/or church; and who meet the required ACT/SAT and GPA requirements will be invited to Malone’s VISIO event. All participants not winning the top award will receive a $250 one-time participation scholarship. Two winners will be awarded a renewable full-tuition VISIO Scholarship. This scholarship is a replacement for any other Malone scholarship, is inclusive of all state and federal grants, and requires a student to complete a FAFSA to be awarded.
- International Student Scholarship - International students enrolling full-time at Malone will receive the Malone International Grant at 50 percent of tuition. This grant is inclusive of a student’s academic scholarship if eligible. Therefore the student may qualify for either this grant or an academic scholarship (whichever is larger).
- Creative Writing Fellowship - Students who are interested in Creative Writing, English, or Integrated Language Arts major/minor are eligible to apply for a merit-based scholarship. Up to $1,500 per year. Deadline to apply: February 15.
- Endowed Scholarships for those studying Social Sciences (History, Political Science, and Philosophy) - This is called the James H. Stuckey Memorial Scholarship for Incoming Students.
- Endowed Scholarship for students who are members or attendees of one of six churches attended by Clarence R. and Fayetta Sekerak
- Yellow Ribbon Scholarship - For members of the U.S. armed forces.
- Stark County Scholars - For students who have graduated from a Stark County high school in the same year they plan to enroll at Malone, have sufficient financial need, and wish to commute to Malone, we offer a special scholarship program guaranteeing a no out-of-pocket tuition program. The program combines a Malone Scholarship with state, federal and loan funds to make up the financial aid package. Students must be accepted to the college and complete the financial aid process and qualify for an Ohio College Opportunity Grant.
- Foster Care/Orphan Scholarship - Full tuition, room and board — including work study funds to help cover books — is included. Award is inclusive of all state, federal, and loan funds the student qualifies to receive, as well as Malone funds up to the cost of enrollment. Two scholarships are available each year, chosen randomly from applicants who complete the application form. Deadline is March 15.
*Contact the Office of Admissions or Financial Aid for further information. Please note that not more than one of these scholarships can be awarded to a student at the same time.
**Students who receive athletic scholarships are not eligible.
Use our Net Price Calculator to get started.
Looking for more?
We also recommend searching for scholarships by utilizing a free personalized search that compares your background with a database of awards. There are several free scholarship databases available online. One such scholarship database is Fastweb. Fastweb scholarship search contains a large and frequently updated scholarship database.