Living in Canton
What is there to do in Canton? Everything!
Malone University in Canton, Ohio is ideally situated near schools, medical care, corporations, and recreation, so you’ll enjoy countless possibilities for off-campus jobs and internships, co-op and practicum experiences, and student teaching.
For fun, Canton boasts a variety of meeting places, dining hot-spots, cultural attractions and recreational destinations... we're more than just the home of the Professional Football Hall of Fame! Within an hour’s drive of campus, hit the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame & Museum, the woods and trails of the Cuyahoga Valley National Park, more than 40 golf courses, outstanding museums of art and natural history, and all the fun of Ohio’s “North Coast.”
- Founded in 1805
- City Population 78,000
- Metro Population 407,000
Where Malone Students Go
- Local thrift shops
- Walkie Talkie Espresso & Coffee
- Eastbury Lanes
- North Canton Skate Center
- Cultured Coffee & Waffles
- Muggswigz Coffee Shop
- Canton First Fridays
- Taggart’s Ice Cream
- Milk & Honey Soda Shoppe
Want to know what local attractions and hotels are near campus?
Airports and Travel
- Public transportation by SARTA
- CAK: Akron Canton Airport (10 minutes away)
- CLE: Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (1 hour away)
- Mercy Medical Center (5 minutes)
- Aultman Hospital (10 minutes)