- B.A., The Pennsylvania State University
- M.A., The University of Akron
- Ed.D., Regent University
- University of Akron - department of communication, instructor of communication courses, (2002-2007)
- Malone University - management studies, instructor of composition, communication, fine arts, faith and worldviews, business management courses (2004-current)
- Department of Business and Technologies Coordinator (2020-current)
- Pendle Hill Co-Coordinator (2019-current)
- Prior Learning Assessment Coordinator (2012-current)
Recent Scholarly Work
- “Metaphorical Frameworks for Reframing Academic Praxis: On Gardens and Cathedrals” in Christian Higher Education: An International Journal of Research, Theory, and Practice —accepted for publication. DOI:10.1080/15363759.2019.1687049 (Online January 2020, hard copy June 2020.)
- “Re-storying Life as a Means of Critical Reflection: The Power of Narrative Learning.” Christian Higher Education 4 (3), 116-126. DOI:10.1080/15363759.2015.1028580. (June, 2015).
- “Transformational Learning: Reflections of an Adult Learner.” Adult Learning 26 (2), 84-86. DOI: 10.1177/1045159515573017. (May, 2015)
- “The Courage to Teach: From the Inside Out.” The Journal of Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in Christian Higher Education 6 (1), 11-17. (April, 2013)
- Assessing Christian-Faith and Cognitive-Development in College Students: CFCDS Instrument Development. Doctoral Dissertation: (2013, available on PRO Quest: 1459495299)
- “Women’s Speaking Justified: Quaker Women in the Public Sphere.” Quaker Higher Education, 7(2), 18-27. (November, 2013).
- “Integrating a Biblical Worldview and Developing Online Courses for the Adult Learner.” Christian Scholar’s Review XLI (2), 163-73. (Winter, 2012), with Dr. Mary Quinn and Dr. Michele Williams
- AAACE Conference (Myrtle Beach, October, 2018): “Developing and Migrating Courses: Online/Hybrid Adult Learning Course Best Practices”
- SOTL Conference (Tiffin University, May, 2018): “Best Practices for Developing and Migrating to Online/Hybrid Platform” (co-presented with Dr. Michele Williams)
- CAEL Conference (Baltimore, 2015): “Online Service Learning in an Adult Learning Program”
- Friends Malone Symposium (Malone University, July, 2015): “Women’s Speaking Justified Quaker Women in the Public Sphere”
- FAHEA Conference (Malone University, 2013): "Women's Speaking Justified Quaker Women in the Public Sphere"
- ACBSP National Conference (Salt Lake City, 2013): "Teaching Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility: Service Learning in an Adult Learning Degree Completion Program"
- ACBSP Region 4 Conference (Chicago, 2012): "Teaching Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility: Service Learning in an Adult Learning Degree Completion Program"
- Council for Christian Colleges and Universities Center for Research in Adult Learning Conference on Service Learning (Indianapolis, 2011): "Service Learning in an Accelerated Management Program" (co-presented with Mary Quinn)
- CAHEA Conference (Oklahoma City, 2010): "Integrating a Biblical Worldview and Developing Online Courses for the Adult Learner" (co-presented with Michele Williams)
- Capstone in Critical Thinking
- Creative Problem Solving
- Faith and Worldviews
- Prior Learning Assessment
- Business Communication
- Capstone in Liberal Arts
- College Experience
- Writing Skills Workshop
- English Composition