Each student at Malone is assigned a faculty member in their major as a personal academic adviser and is able to receive one-on-one advice from that faculty member.
Along the way, and in support of our faculty advisers, the Academic Advising office (located in the Center for Student Success) offers a variety of helpful services.
Work begins with new students as they transition from high school or another college/ university to Malone.
Upon receipt of the course registration report, schedules are created for the first semester of enrollment for all Malone traditional undergraduate students. Specifically, the office provides the following:
- Begin the student's first semester with the appropriate introductory courses for their declared major
- Explore various majors and career interests
- Examine how academic strengths fit into those career objectives
- Present various testing options available in gaining academic credit
- Provide individual services designed to assist in achieving academic goals
New students visit the Center to make schedule changes (add/drops) in the first semester of enrollment. Continuing students process course add/drops through the Office of the Registrar (also in Founders Hall).
All students visit the Center to request changes in academic majors and minors. The office will process those changes and assign students to the appropriate faculty academic advisers.
Students with undeclared/undecided majors meet each semester during advising week with Deborah Black, the academic adviser in the Center for Student Success. She will help create a schedule for the following semester and transition students to faculty academic advisers when they are ready to declare a major.