Learning Outcomes: Philosophy
Philosophy program goals and outcomes
- Goal: Provide students with a sound understanding of the Western philosophical tradition.
Outcome: Students will demonstrate a sound understanding of key figures and texts in the Western philosophical tradition.
- Goal: Equip students with the ability to use logic and critical thinking when assessing a range of philosophical topics.
Outcomes: Students will:
- demonstrate an ability to critically evaluate arguments using both informal and formal logic.
- demonstrate a sound grasp of a philosophical topic and an ability to assess various positions regarding the topic.
- Goal: Help students reflect on how Christian faith and philosophical reflection are compatible sources of knowledge and wisdom.
Outcome: Students will demonstrate an ability to think and reflect carefully on the relationship between faith and reason.