Communication Arts Class of 2019 raises money for Stark Hunger Task Force
Students in the Communication Arts Capstone (class intended for seniors in the major) course at Malone University raised $2,320 for the Stark County Hunger Task Force in their final class project.
"Each year, my Capstone class selects an organization that they would like to raise money for as a legacy project," explained Professor of Communication Arts Marcia Everett. "This year the class chose Stark County Hunger Task Force with a desire to support the work of alleviating hunger in our community. We are so thankful for the work that the task force does and the ways in which the organization offers hope to so many."
Students spent a number of weeks spreading mulch, cleaning out garages, painting, yardwork, and helping people move to earn the money for the donation. They include:
- Kei Beckham, of Engelwood, Ohio
- Sara Coberly, of Akron, Ohio
- Amber Curtis, of Clinton, Ohio
- Fred Johnson, of Delanson, N.Y.
- Barbara Jordan, of Minerva, Ohio
- Naomi Grandison, of West Chester, Ohio
- Kassidy Hannum, of Loxahatchee, Fla.
- Abbie Hughes, of Magnolia, Ohio
- Hannah Kasler, of Massillon, Ohio
- Vincent Leone, of Canfield, Ohio
- Nicole Ostrowski, of Twinsburg, Ohio
- Grace Rhoads, of Smithville, Ohio
- Collin Schmid, of Sandusky, Ohio
- Sarah Udell, of Andover, Ohio