James H. Brownlee
- Ph.D., English Language and Literature, University of Minnesota
- Dissertation: Limits, Risks, and Possibilities: Discourse and Religion in a Selection of Twentieth Century American Novels.
- M.A., English Language and Literature, University of Minnesota
- B.A., English, Wheaton College
Senior Fulbright Scholar, Department of Literature and Philology, Russian American Christian University (2005-2006)
Recent Scholarly Work
- "Character Development and The Early Manuscripts of Flannery O'Connor's The Violent Bear It Away." Dialogue (Spring 2006): 63-72 (translated into Russian).
- "Reflections from Underground: Walker Percy's The Second Coming and Fyodor Dostoevsky's Notes from Underground." Conference on Christianity and Literature. Blufton College, Blufton, OH, October 2003.
- English Composition
- Literature in Society
- Foundations of American Literature
- Genre Studies: Drama and Fiction
- Introduction to Linguistics
- African American Literature and Culture