Are you planning to graduate soon? Here are your next steps.
Graduation 2018 is Saturday, May 5
We know that this is an important week in the life of our students (soon to be alumni!) and we recognize how hard you have worked to achieve this dream. Congratulations, and we pray God's richest blessings upon you and all of your future endeavors.
Here are some important dates you don't want to miss:
- Academic attire (caps, gowns, hoods, etc.) become available Monday, April 24 -Wednesday, May 3 at 12 noon in the Office of Alumni Relations, which is located in the Johnson Center for Worship and the Fine Arts. Hours are Monday-Thursday 8:30 a.m.- 6 p.m. and Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- A senior banquet for traditional undergraduates and their parents will be held on Friday, May 4 at 5 p.m. in the Hoover Dining Commons. This banquet will be followed by a brief program and will dismiss by 6:20 p.m. to allow graduates time to get to the Johnson Center and into their cap and gown for the Baccalaureate Service at 7 p.m.
- Our baccalaureate service is Friday, May 4 at 7 p.m.; graduates need to assemble by 6:30 p.m. to robe in JC 120. The event is located in the Johnson Center for Worship and the Fine Arts Worship Center. Academic attire is required; attendance is strongly encouraged. Are you not able to make it, but still want to watch? The event is livestreamed.
- Candidates for master's degrees will be sent an invitation to a graduate hooding celebration per individual schools prior to May 4. Academic attire is required. The invitation will contain additional details.
- The Commencement ceremony for all Malone University graduates will be Saturday, May 5 at 10 a.m. located off-campus at Faith Family Church (8200 Freedom Ave NW; North Canton). Graduates are asked to arrive at 8:30 a.m. and check in the banquet room. Academic attire is required; attendance is strongly encouraged. This event also is livestreamed.
Order Flowers for Your Graduate
If you'd like to purchase flowers for your graduate, the Office of Alumni & Parent Relations has made arrangements with Cathy Cowgill Florists to deliver flowers to Faith Family Church on Commencement Day. Single carnations also are available for purchase at the event while supplies last. Order flowers here.
Customized Diploma Frame
Specialized diploma frames are available in the Campus Store via special order. They are mahogany frames with conservation clear glass that protects your diploma from UV lighting. Each frame is $109.99. For information or to order, please call 330-471-8310 or simply stop into the Campus Store, which is located in the lower level of the Brehme Centennial Center.
Graduates, thank you for taking just a few minutes to fill out these quick forms. The Information is required by outside agencies and accrediting authorities for reporting purposes.
Looking for hotels, restaurants for your stay in Canton? We have local partnerships with area establishments.