Are you planning to graduate soon? Here are your next steps.
Graduation 2019 is Saturday, May 4
We know that this is an important week in the life of our students (soon to be alumni!) and we recognize how hard you have worked to achieve this dream. Congratulations, and we pray God's richest blessings upon you and all of your future endeavors.
Undergraduate (traditional) 10 a.m. (students arrive at 8:30 a.m.)
Graduate and Degree Completion 2 p.m. (students arrive at 12:45 p.m.)
Commencement Ceremony Venue
Spring 2019 Commencement will be hosted in the JC Worship Center on Malone’s campus. While we had initially envisioned an outdoor ceremony, it has now been decided to hold the ceremony in the Johnson Center. This decision was made after significant deliberation and discussion with key offices on campus, with Dr. King, our 2019 commencement speaker, and student leadership.
Since hosting commencement on our campus represents a return to a tradition that has not been observed for many years at Malone, we have provided a link to a list of frequently asked questions.
Here are some important dates you don't want to miss:
- Academic attire (caps, gowns, hoods, etc.) become available Tuesday, April 23 - Wednesday, May 1 in the Office of Alumni Relations, which is located in the Johnson Center for Worship and the Fine Arts. Hours for Monday - Thursday are 8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. Hours for Friday, April 26 is 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., and for Monday, April 29 - Wednesday, May 1 from 8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. Along with the cap and gown students will be provided 4 tickets each for family and friends. Graduates may fill out an Alumni Exit Survey form before picking up academic attire or complete the form in the office.
- A Senior Banquet for traditional undergraduates and their parents will be held on Friday, May 3 at 5 p.m. in the Hoover Dining Commons. This banquet will dismiss by 6:20 p.m. to allow graduates time to get to the Johnson Center and into their cap and gown for the Baccalaureate Service at 7 p.m. Online registration for the banquet is necessary before April 26.
- Our baccalaureate service is Friday, May 3 at 7 p.m.; graduates need to assemble by 6:30 p.m. to robe in JC 120. The event is located in the Johnson Center for Worship and the Fine Arts Worship Center. Academic attire is required; attendance is strongly encouraged. Are you not able to make it, but still want to watch? The event is livestreamed.
- Candidates for master's degrees will be sent an invitation to a graduate hooding celebration per individual schools prior to May 4. Academic attire is required. The invitation will contain additional details.
- The Commencement ceremony for Traditional Malone University graduates (students in "traditional" day programs) will be Saturday, May 4 at 10 a.m. Graduate students and Degree Completion (evening program) students will graduate at 2 p.m. on Saturday, May 4. Both ceremonies will be held in the JC Worship Center. Academic attire is required for students; attendance is strongly encouraged. The Commencement ceremony will be livestreamed.
Customized Diploma Frame
Specialized diploma frames are available in the Campus Store via special order. They are mahogany frames with conservation clear glass that protects your diploma from UV lighting. Each frame is $139.99. For information or to order, please call 330-471-8310 or simply stop into the Campus Store, which is located in the lower level of the Brehme Centennial Center.
Graduates, thank you for taking just a few minutes to fill out these quick forms. The Information is required by outside agencies and accrediting authorities for reporting purposes.
Looking for hotels, restaurants for your stay in Canton? We have local partnerships with area establishments.