Online Learning Guide
Online and web assist courses
The Online Learning Program is an educational experience that breaks the mold of the traditional classroom by offering educational opportunities and course enhancements over the Internet. Online learning adds flexibility and availability by allowing students access to course material twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Our goal is to create an active learning environment through thoughtful and engaged activity. This is accomplished through the collaborative efforts of discussion and exchange among students and your professor.
Preparing for a course
New Malone users can determine their User Name and password with the following information. Please visit our Web Help FAQ for complete information.
- Username = first initial, middle initial, last name, and the number 1 (if you are not the first individual with this sequence, your last name will be followed by a 2, 3, etc.).
- Sample name: John Q. Public Username: jqpublic1
- Your default password will be a randomly generated 10 digit strand of characters. This password is in your admission letter or available from your admission counselor.
Prior to your online session, please complete the following:
- You should review our Moodle Help articles. The articles are located at https://help.openlms.net/. If you have technical questions not answered by one of these article please contact the Moodle Helpdesk.
- Purchase text books from the University Bookstore. The University Bookstore can be reached at 330-471-8310, email@example.com or at https://malone.treeoflifebooks.com.
What are the expectations in an online course?
The same course demands and academic standards that are required in a classroom can also be found in an online course. Just as in a traditional classroom, students will follow a schedule as outlined in the course syllabus with deadlines for assignments.
Do I have to be on at a specific time?
Malone’s online courses are delivered with flexibility in mind thus you are not required to be online at a specific time of the day. However, all online courses require that work be completed within a particular time frame. It is recommended that you access your course every day to engage the learning material, to participate in online discussions, and to complete assignments and exams.
Using Malone technology
How do I access my online courses?
To access your courses, please login to your personal account at the Malone Online Campus www.malone.edu/online. Using your Malone login credentials, enter you username and password.
How do I use my Malone email account?
All students are required to use their Malone issued email account in the Distance Learning System. You can check your email anywhere you have Internet access. The university and your instructor will communicate important information to you via email. It is recommended that you check it daily.
- Using your web browser type in the following URL in the address bar:https://mail.google.com/a/malone.edu.
- Enter your Username & Password.
- Click “Login.”
Managing Your Username & Password
Students are able to manage their username and password on our Account Management page - https://userid.malone.edu This page will enable you to change your password and unlock your account.
Moodle Mobile App
- From your app store, download the Moodle app to your mobile device (search “moodle app”). You can also access the mobile app at https://download.moodle.org/mobile
- Enter the following URL into the site field “moodle.malone.edu”
- The app will ask you to go to your mobile device browser to log in. Open your browser and enter the above URL. Login using your normal Malone University credentials.
- Return to the Moodle app and you will be logged in.
Help is only a click away when you need it. If there are components of the system that you are unsure of you can find help in the Student Orientation course or by pressing the Help button in your course. You can also contact the Distance Learning Help Desk by phone, email or clicking on the “Tech Support” button in your class.
Malone University Help Desk
Phone: (330) 471-8428