Request Research Instruction
The library is committed to supporting information literacy through bibliographic instruction, faculty/classroom interaction, personal assistance and web-based tutorials.
We are happy to work with instructors/classes in designing sessions to meet specific needs. To schedule a library instruction session contact Kristine Owens at email@example.com.
Sampling of Past Work
- Nursing student information literacy assessment
- Project specific instruction in the classroom with hands-on follow-up in the computer lab
- General orientation sessions
- Interactive group work with students
- Setting up Wikis for students to work with after the original orientation session
- Incremental research skills teaching across several courses within a discipline
Malone graduates will demonstrate an enthusiasm for the careful acquisition of knowledge and application of that knowledge to lives of service. A Malone graduate will be able to define and articulate his need for information, be able to access the needed information effectively, be able to evaluate information sources critically and incorporate the selected information into his knowledge base and value system, and be able to use that information to accomplish a specific purpose, and as a responsible Christian, will use that information ethically and legally.
In order to better serve the Malone community, library staff members have chosen to provide academic departments with individualized service. By going to the Library Staff and Department Liaisons page, you will find a listing of librarians and the departments with which they have chosen to collaborate. Please consider these individuals your first point-of-reference for library/information needs. We view our role as extending beyond the library walls.
Examples of Our Services
- Looking forward to meeting with faculty to assess needs in library resources and information literacy instruction.
- Encouraging faculty to communicate with us regarding research-related assignments. We welcome copies of course syllabi and assignments, so that we may prepare supporting material.
- Speaking in classes and showing students and faculty course-related resources.
- Providing individualized orientations, as well as an introductory packet of library services and information to all faculty (including new and adjunct).
- Working with you to develop resources that meet your specific information needs.
- Helping you (faculty) with your research projects. Let us know what you are working on and we will be happy to send relevant items your way.
- Subject/department specific research guides are also available and can be provided to coincide with classroom handouts for particular assignment