Diversity and Inclusion
The Diversity and Inclusion committee worked together to align a Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Planning process with Malone University's mission, biblical principles, and educational goals. The committee spent a significant amount of time reviewing the educational foundation of the institution to draw guidance in forming mission, goals, and foundation for a Diversity and Inclusion Initiative.
The Diversity and Inclusion Initiative
- Brenda Stevens
- Anna Meadows
- Jennifer Bilek
- Linda Hoffman
- Linda Leon
- Lora Wyss
- Anissa Scott
- Cherie Parsons
- David Hahn
- Melody Scott
- Terrance Jones--student
- Troy Colbert--student
Guided by Malone University's mission statement and foundational principles, we recognize that God has worked throughout history to bless and redeem the world and create a kingdom composed of every nation, tribe, people, and language. Malone University, as a learning community committed to biblical principles, seeks to value and reflect the diversity in God's creation. Therefore, we are committed to promoting inclusive excellence and furthering our understanding of diversity as we live out our mission and educational goals.
We recognize differences from multiple perspectives and provide opportunities for mutual excellence within the context of our foundational principles.
Educational Rationale for Diversity
Increased diversity at Malone University and other colleges and universities will:
- help faculty, staff, and students effectively communicate and interact across cultures.
- address changing demographics.
- provide different perspectives (critical to educating students, preparing them to succeed and serve in a multicultural, interdependent world).
- enhance critical thinking skills of faculty, staff, and students.
- challenge all stereotypical thought processes.
- allow for institutional growth.
- increase our ability to provide a quality education to the campus community.