Undergraduate Student Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q: I'm a new student. How can I register for classes?

A: In order to receive your first course schedule, traditional undergraduate students must initially work with Undergraduate Admissions and the Center for Student Success. Degree completion students (Management Program) must initially work with the Graduate & Professional Studies Office.

Q: How can I view my course schedule?

A: Your course schedule can be viewed in MaloneXpressTo access, log in > Student tab > Schedule and Grades > select corresponding schedule.

Q: How can I view course schedules for course options?

A: Select the Course Schedules link located in the right-side navigation menu on the Registrar's webpage.

Q: How do I register for upcoming semesters?

A: For detailed instructions (with screenshots) on how to register online, see our MaloneXpress Registration Training Guide.

Q: I'm a transfer student. Will my credits transfer?

A: Transfer Policy

Q: What do I need to do if I want to drop a class? 

A: Discuss your desire to drop a class with the Financial Aid Office in order to see how it will impact your financial aid package and also review the Add/Drop Dates and Tuition Refund Schedules prior to contacting the Office of the Registrar.

Q: How do I know what courses I still need in order to graduate? 

A: Track your progress towards graduation by referring to your Custom Advising Worksheet in MaloneXpress. Once logged in, select the Student tab > Academic Advising > Click here to view the course needs for ‘name’ > Recalculate Student Progress > Custom Advising Worksheet (PDF).

Q: How can I change my major and/or minor?

A: Stop by the Center for Student Success (CSS) to request changes in academic majors and minors. The office will process those changes and assign students to the appropriate faculty academic advisers.

Q: How can I request my transcript? 

A: Select the Transcript Requests link located in the right-side navigation menu on the Registrar's webpage.

Q: Where can I view Malone policies, course descriptions, and calendars? 

A: These items can be found in the Academic Catalog.

Q: How can I change my address or name?

A: To change your contact information, send your updated mailing address to the Office of the Registrar at registrar@malone.edu

To change your name, submit legal documentation to the Office of the Registrar at registrar@malone.edu. Legal documentation includes a copy of your driver's license, marriage license, or other official government document.