Parking and Vehicle Registration
Registering a vehicle
Commuters and residents are required to register their vehicle by following these simple steps:
1. Visit MaloneXpress/Campus Life/Vehicle Registration
2. Fill in your vehicle description including an accurate LICENSE PLATE NUMBER
3. Register as many family vehicles as needed. Update current info and add vehicles as needed.
Students must provide complete vehicle information in order for MaloneXpress to accept your registration information. If you receive an error message, please verify that all information fields have been filled in. Any student vehicles parked on the Malone University campus that have not been registered or have provided inaccurate license plate information will be considered UNREGISTERED and are subject to receive a fine.
Student parking spaces are any UNMARKED parking spaces on campus; this is General Parking. Parking spaces intended for faculty/staff, visitors, handicap-accessible, or loading/unloading will be designated as such.
Unmarked spaces can be found in the following lots:
- All residence halls
- Brehme Centennial Center
- Cattell Library/Osborne Hall
- Johnson Center
- The northeast lot (east end of the track)
- Randall Campus Center
- Yale Avenue/East Campus Center
These are the only areas where student vehicles are permitted to park 24 hours a day. Use of all of the parking locations listed above will require registration of your vehicle on MaloneXpress.
NOTE: Registration on MaloneXpress allows a registrant to park in any student parking area on campus; however, Malone University does not guarantee the availability of a legal parking space. The responsibility of finding a legal parking space rests with the student by allowing for proper time to locate a space that may or may not be as close to a residence hall or classroom as desired. Lack of parking spaces in a desired location is not considered a valid excuse for violation of Malone University parking policies.
HANDICAP parking may be used only with permission from the Director of Campus Safety when a student provides written excuse from a physician. This type of permission will be granted for limited time periods only. All other use of handicap parking requires a handicap permit or license plate issued by the State of Ohio. The fine is $250.00 for unauthorized use of a handicap space.
Resident students: If you have a guest (friend or relative) who will be parking a vehicle on campus for any length of time between the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., please obtain a temporary parking pass for their use. Your guests should use unmarked parking areas and avoid the visitor spaces that are intended for use by visitors to Founders Hall or the Admissions Center.
Vehicle Safety Regulations
- Pedestrians always have the right-of-way.
- The speed limit campus-wide is 15 M.P.H.
- Driving the wrong way through one-way sections of campus is prohibited.
- Driving on sidewalks or lawns is not permitted.
- Removal of barricades or safety cones to obtain access to restricted areas is not permitted.
- Students are prohibited from any unsafe activities including bumper skiing, donuts in the snow, and riding on the hood, roof, or trunk of a vehicle.
All regulations listed above are in effect 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, throughout the year. For the safety of all, students are required to obey the instructions of any officer who observes any of the above actions.