Adjunct: Pool BSN Program
Position: Adjunct Pool, BSN program
Starting Date: Open
About the position
The Department of Nursing – BSN Program regularly relies on experienced and dedicated part-time professionals to serve as clinical instructors for the pre-licensure program. Instructors are compensated on a per course basis. Areas of need vary from semester to semester. Our students have clinical care experiences in the adult-care areas of critical care, community health, psychiatric-mental health, maternity-obstetrics, and medical-surgical; students also have clinical experiences in pediatrics medical-surgical areas.
- An unencumbered Ohio Registered Nursing license;
- At least a Bachelor’s level education in the discipline, two years’ experience in the area assigned;
- Preference will be given to applicants with a Master’s level of education, specialized certification, and/or prior teaching experience;
- Commitment to the Christian faith and to the integration of faith and learning in the academic discipline.
In an effort to find and employ the best qualified faculty, the department maintains an open and rolling application process designed to identify a group of the most highly qualified individuals who may be called upon to teach as the need arises. Individuals whose initial application materials indicate a potential fit with the department’s needs and the University’s mission will be invited for an interview with the program director and, in some cases, level faculty. Upon completion of this process, successful candidates will be informed of concrete teaching needs and timetables by the director. While applicants are welcome to submit materials at any time, hiring decisions are generally made by October and April for the following semester. Applicants should submit the following materials:
- Up-to-date resume or curriculum vitae
- Statement of Christian Belief and Practice in response to the following prompt:
Malone University takes seriously the integration of the orthodox Christian faith and all academic disciplines and requires that faculty (full-time and adjunct) profess faith in Jesus Christ. Therefore, we ask that you provide a statement (250-500 words) in which you:
- Discuss your faith in relationship to the University’s Doctrinal Statement and Community Agreement.
- Describe your engagement with a local congregation or faith community.
- List of three references: name, title, email address, phone number
Carrie Stroup – Director, BSN Program
Malone University – School of Nursing & Health Sciences
2600 Cleveland Avenue NW
Canton, OH 44709
Review of application materials will begin immediately.
Malone University has an established policy of equal academic and employment opportunity. This policy is applied to all qualified students, employees and applicants for admission or employment, in all university programs and activities, without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, or military or veteran status. Malone University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.