Adjunct: Natural Sciences
Adjunct: Natural Sciences
Position: Adjunct Professor in the Department of Natural Sciences
Starting Date: Open
About the position
Adjunct faculty in the Department of Natural Sciences serve as classroom instructors for foundational or specialized courses in the natural sciences or exercise science. We are seeking adjunct professors that can teach across the curriculum. While we will accept applications at any point from qualified individuals, we are currently seeking adjunct faculty to teach the following courses for the 2023-2024 academic year:
BIOL 131: Human Anatomy & Physiology I Laboratory Instructor- Fall 2023
CHEM 115: Basic Physiological Chemistry Laboratory Instructor- Fall 2023
PHYS 213: GENERAL PHYSICS I INSTRUCTOR
PHYS 214: GENERAL PHYSICS II INSTRUCTOR
- Master's degree required
- Strong commitment to general teaching excellence and academic rigor
- Subject-specific teaching experience desired
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the University's mission, foundational principles, and educational goals
- Commitment to faith and learning in the academic discipline.
About the Department
How to Apply
In an effort to find and employ the best qualified faculty, the department maintains an open and rolling application process designed to identify a group of the most highly qualified individuals who may be called upon to teach as the need arises.
APPLICATION MATERIALS SHOULD INCLUDE
- Adjunct Faculty Employment Application
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of Christian Belief and Practice in response to the following prompt:
Malone University takes seriously the integration of the orthodox Christian faith and all academic disciplines and requires that faculty (full-time and adjunct) profess faith in Jesus Christ. Therefore, we ask that you provide a statement (250-500 words) in which you:
- Discuss your faith in relationship to the University’s Doctrinal Statement and Community Agreement.
- Describe your engagement with a local congregation or faith community.
- Names and contact information of three references (two professional, one pastor or spiritual mentor).
Transcripts will be requested if adjunct faculty employment is granted
Send application materials to:
Kate Huisinga, Chair
Natural Sciences Department
2600 Cleveland Ave NW
Canton, Ohio 44709-3897
Malone University has an established policy of equal academic and employment opportunity. This policy is applied to all qualified students, employees and applicants for admission or employment, in all university programs and activities, without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, or military or veteran status. Malone University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.