Open Rank Professor of Media Production
Position Title: Open Rank Professor of Media Production
Start Date: August 2024
The CVPA Department seeks a media production specialist to work with us in teaching within and developing our digital arts and media communication program.
- The normal teaching load is 12 credits per semester
- The successful candidate will teach courses including Intro to Media Production, Advanced Production, and Cinematography & Editing. Other courses may include Photography, World Cinema, Mass Media & Society, Film Appreciation, Scriptwriting, Animation, or Communication Skills
- Advise and mentor students
- Serve on departmental & institutional committees
- Engage in scholarship (including creative work) and community service
- Load credit to support student production for student film festival
- Load credit for media equipment procurement and oversight
- M.F.A. or Ph.D. required
- College teaching experience is preferred
- Strong commitment to teaching excellence, professional development and scholarly research
- Strong commitment to Christian Faith and an understanding of and commitment to the integration of faith and learning in the academic discipline
The CVPA Department offers two majors and three minors. Department faculty are committed to collegial and innovative pursuits of teaching, service, and scholarship.
About Malone University:
Celebrating more than 125 years of higher education, Malone University is a Christian university for the arts, sciences, and professions in the liberal arts tradition. The University is affiliated with the Evangelical Friends Church – Eastern Region. The students, faculty and staff represent more than 40 denominations.
Application materials should include:
(1) completed Malone University Faculty Employment Application form
(2) letter of application
(3) curriculum vitae
(4) Statement of Christian Belief and Practice in response to the following prompt: Malone University takes seriously the integration of the orthodox Christian faith and all academic disciplines and requires that faculty (full-time and adjunct) profess faith in Jesus Christ. Therefore, we ask that you provide a statement (750 words or fewer) in which you:
- Discuss your faith in relationship to the University’s Doctrinal Statement and Community Agreement.
- Describe your engagement with a local congregation or faith community
(5) Statement of the integration of faith and learning in the academic discipline (750 words or fewer)
(6) Names and contact information for three professional references
(7) Statement of teaching philosophy
(8) Research statement describing your research and scholarship agenda, including completed research as well as areas of scholarly interest
(9) Film/video samples or reel or link to portfolio of related work
Send application materials to:
Christina Schnyders, Provost
2600 Cleveland Avenue NW
Canton, OH 44709-3897
Email to: email@example.com
Review of the applications begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Malone University has an established policy of equal academic and employment opportunity. This policy is applied to all qualified students, employees and applicants for admission or employment, in all university programs and activities, without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, or military or veteran status. Malone University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.