Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I find the schedule for exams, breaks, holidays and graduation?

View the Academic Calendar.

What types of organizations are available for my student outside the classroom?

Your student's experiences beyond the classroom help them build an impressive resume and are vital to a holistic education.  At Malone, we intentionally create a challenging and supportive community, exposing students to a diverse world and developing individuals in maturity, wisdom, and Christian faith. Students may participate in a variety of Student Organizations including academic, service, music, art, theater, athletic and spiritual life groups.

How do I know if my student is eligible for financial aid?

The financial aid program of Malone University exists to assist students in finding financial resources for meeting their college expenses. The Office of Financial Aid will assist you in finding scholarships, grants, loans and other financial aid to help make education affordable.

What if my student has a problem with his/her roommate?

The Residence Life staff at Malone is committed to creating programs and building relationships that intentionally cultivate community and offer opportunities for growth and development. Roommates are encouraged to work with each other to solve problems. Residence hall assistants (known as RAs) are available to help resolve situations. Encourage your student to talk to their RA.

How can my commuter student learn about campus events and activities and get involved

Check out the page designed especially for Commuting Students. Also, activities are announced on the Table Tents in the cafeteria and in Froggy's Cafe and on Malone calendars. The Commuter Lounge is located in Founders Hall 60. Check out the free services for Commuting Students here.

Where can I get information about my student's academic progress?

Malone complies with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of the federal government and sends academic information only to students. Parents may not have access to student records unless the University receives written permission from a student specifically addressing what information may be released. The student must complete a FERPA release permission form in person at the Registrar's Office in Founders Hall.

What should I do if my student is struggling with a class?

The Center for Student Success is open to all students and will provide helpful advice about effective ways for managing their time, handling their stress, and setting realistic goals. Peer tutoring, career planning advice and other essential tools are available to help your student. The Center for Student Success has been designated to coordinate campus-wide efforts for ensuring student success - we want to see them graduate! Please encourage your son or daughter to contact them.

What should I do if my student is homesick?

Encourage your son/daughter to speak to a trusted resident assistant (RA), their resident director (RD) or professor. Additionally, Malone University offers professional mental health counseling services to currently enrolled students. These services are offered at no additional cost to the student or their families. All services are kept in the strictest of confidence.

What if my son or daughter becomes ill?

The Health Center is managed by Aultman, who provides basic medical service for all ill and injured students registered for a minimum of eight credit hours. Registered nurses are on duty to assess students on a walk-in basis with appointments to see the physician as necessary. You can find office hours and a list of services on the Student Health Center page.

How would I address mail to my student on campus?

Student Name
Malone University
Box # (their assigned campus mailbox #)
2600 Cleveland Ave NW
Canton, OH 44709

Where can I stay when I visit my student?

The Canton area offers a wide range of overnight accommodations. When you register, ask if they offer a special Malone University rate.

Do I need a parking permit when I visit my student?

No. Parking permits are not necessary for visitors who park in designated visitor parking areas conveniently located throughout campus. These spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis.

What forms of payment are accepted if I eat with my Malone student in the dining hall?

Parents eat for free when they accompany their Malone student and the student pays by swiping their I.D. card. This does not apply during Homecoming/Family Weekend.

Where can I get information about Graduation/Commencement?

Graduation is called Commencement and includes the Nursing Pinning Ceremony, Baccalaureate Service, and Commencement service. Specific information will be available online during the spring semester on the Graduation website.

Where can I find the score of my student's athletic event?

Malone posts Pioneer teams' scores and athletic news on the Malone Athletics page. More detailed information is available by going to each team's website.

What if my student has a problem with his/her room in the residence hall?

The Resident Director (RD) and Resident Assistants (RA) in each building are dedicated to fostering a safe, welcoming community where residents can grow in all aspects of their lives. If there is a problem with your student's room, they should contact the RA on their floor and the RD in their building.