Eligibility & Application Process
Applying to the Malone Honors Program is a separate step after a student has been admitted to the University.
- Students with at least a 3.6 high school GPA and an ACT composite score of at least 26 receive an invitation to apply to the Honors Program, usually within two weeks of being accepted to Malone.
- Motivated students who fall a little short of these GPA and/or ACT standards are also welcome to apply to the program. In this case, please solicit two letters of reference (usually from your high school teachers), and consider supplementing your application with a narrative of your academic career that will help put your grades and test scores in perspective.
- Transfer students who have participated in an honors program at their previous college are automatically admitted to the Program provided their grade point average is at least 3.5. Transfer students are given credit for previous honors courses. Transfer students who have not previously participated in an honors program must have a college GPA of at least 3.5 to be eligible to apply.
- Qualified students who are already attending Malone can also be admitted to the Honors Program after their first semester at Malone. Talk to one of the Honors Program co-directors about how to apply.
- The application form consists of a brief application and a short essay. An accepted student is then informed of his or her acceptance by the Honors Program Directors.
- Starting in the Fall of 2018, students who begin the Malone Honors Program as freshmen are eligible for a renewable scholarship of $1,000 per year.
For eligibility and application questions, contact one of the Honors Program co-directors:
You can also email the Honors Program directly at email@example.com.