Foster a lifelong love of fitness
Majoring in Exercise Science at Malone University provides you a foundation in understanding the role exercise plays in improving health, quality of life, and sport performance. In our program, you will develop application and critical thinking skills through enhanced lab and hands-on experiences. What sets our program apart is how our students learn to integrate their Christian faith into their future performance. Approaching the exercise industry from a Christian worldview fosters a calling to heal a broken world through healthy living.
The core of our Exercise Science program emphasizes mastery of foundational principles in anatomy, physiology, nutrition, biomechanics, and exercise prescription. Then, choose one of four distinct tracks in which to specialize:
- Pre-physical therapy
- Pre-occupational therapy
- Pre-athletic training
- Medical fitness
The first three tracks prepare you for continued graduate work in these professions; the unique medical fitness track allows for direct entry into the medical fitness industry.
Upon graduation, you'll be prepared to sit for the professional certification exams offered through the American College of Sports Medicine and the National Strength and Conditioning Association; two of the leading professional organizations in the field.
Why study Exercise Science at Malone?
- Our facilities use the latest technology, including a "BOD POD," the gold standard in the field.
- A variety of internship opportunities will allow you to apply what you've learned in real- world settings such as rehabilitation centers, hospitals, sports medicine centers, or fitness and sports performance facilities.
- Get hands-on experience without leaving campus by earning credentials as a Certified Personal Trainer and working in the Wellness Center. Our Wellness Center fosters a lifelong love of activity and physical fitness.
- Malone's student-run Wellness Council provides opportunities to organize events such as wellness competitions, 5Ks, and laser tag.
Learn from faculty members who are nationally-recognized for teaching in medical schools and hospitals.
Our students have received internships throughout the world – from Canton to Australia, from Cleveland to San Diego. If you're interested, we'll do our best to help get you where you want to go.
- Our graduates have a great track record for being accepted into medical and other professional schools.
- All programs in the Department of Science & Mathematics emphasize and are deeply committed to the integration of the Christian faith into the classroom and also to stewardship obligations to care for all of God’s creation.
What can I do with this major?
The exercise science degree serves as the foundation for the pursuit of a variety of related careers in the health and wellness industry including:
- Athletic trainer
- Clinical exercise physiologist
- Medical doctor
- Medical salesperson
- Occupational therapist
- Personal trainer
- Physical therapist
- Physician assistant
- Sports nutritionist
- Strength & conditioning coach