Foster a lifelong love of fitness
Majoring in Exercise Science at Malone University will prepare you to help others improve the quality of their lives by having a career in such disciplines as biomechanics, sports medicine, physical and occupational therapy, and other allied health fields.
With this major, you’ll be equipped for graduate school and professional programs or to enter the working field as a fitness promotions and personal training professional. You’ll study the body’s physiological and functional adaptations to movement and choose among three concentrations: Pre-Physical Therapy, Exercise Physiology, or Fitness Promotions and Personal Training.
Why study Exercise Science at Malone?
- Our facilities use the latest technology, including a "BOD POD," the gold standard in the field.
- Get hands-on experience without leaving campus by earning credentials as a Certified Personal Trainer and working in the Wellness Center. Our Wellness Center fosters a lifelong love of activity and physical fitness. In addition to being a beautiful facility that improves the wellness of students, faculty, and staff, the Wellness Center provides academic opportunities as well.
- As a fitness professional, you'll have opportunities to organize events such as wellness competitions, 5Ks, and other athletic events that prepare you well for life after Malone.
Learn from faculty members who are nationally known, and who have taught in medical schools and hospitals. They will provide you with everything you need to know for success in this competitive field!
Our students have received internships throughout the world – from Canton to Australia, from Cleveland to San Diego. If you're interested, we'll do our best to help get you where you want to go.
- Our graduates have a great track record for getting accepted into medical and other professional schools.
- All programs in the Science & Mathematics Department emphasize and are deeply committed to the integration of the Christian faith into the classroom and also to stewardship obligations to care for all of God’s creation.
What can I do with this degree?
Graduates from the Exercise Science program will be prepared to pursue successful careers in fields such as:
- Personal Trainer
- Exercise Specialist
- Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Graduate Fitness Instructor
- Health Club Manager