Foster a lifelong love of fitness
Majoring in Exercise Science at Malone University provides you a foundation in understanding the role exercise plays in improving health, quality of life, and sport performance. In our program, you will develop application and critical thinking skills through enhanced lab and hands-on experiences. What sets our program apart is how our students learn to integrate their Christian faith into their future performance. Approaching the exercise industry from a Christian worldview fosters a calling to heal a broken world through healthy living.
The core of our Exercise Science program emphasizes mastery of foundational principles in anatomy, physiology, nutrition, biomechanics, and exercise prescription. Then, choose one of four distinct tracks in which to specialize:
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Athletic Training
- Medical Fitness
The first three tracks prepare you for continued graduate work in these professions; the unique Medical Fitness track allows for direct entry into the medical fitness industry.
Upon graduation, you'll be prepared to sit for the professional certification exams offered through the American College of Sports Medicine and the National Strength and Conditioning Association; two of the leading professional organizations in the field.
Why study Exercise Science at Malone?
- Our facilities use the latest technology, including a "BOD POD," the gold standard in the field.
- An internship later in your academic progression will allow you to apply what you've learned in a real world setting of a rehabilitation center, hospital, sports medicine center, or fitness and sports performance facility.
- Get hands-on experience without leaving campus by earning credentials as a Certified Personal Trainer and working in the Wellness Center. Our Wellness Center fosters a lifelong love of activity and physical fitness. In addition to being a beautiful facility that improves the wellness of students, faculty, and staff, the Wellness Center provides academic opportunities as well.
- As a fitness professional, you'll have opportunities to organize events such as wellness competitions, 5Ks, and other athletic events that prepare you well for life after Malone.
Learn from faculty members who are nationally known, and who have taught in medical schools and hospitals. They will provide you with everything you need to know for success in this competitive field!
Our students have received internships throughout the world – from Canton to Australia, from Cleveland to San Diego. If you're interested, we'll do our best to help get you where you want to go.
- Our graduates have a great track record for getting accepted into medical and other professional schools.
- All programs in the Science & Mathematics Department emphasize and are deeply committed to the integration of the Christian faith into the classroom and also to stewardship obligations to care for all of God’s creation.
What can I do with this degree?
The exercise science degree serves as the foundation for the pursuit of a variety of related careers in the health and wellness industry including:
- Personal therapist
- Occupational therapist
- Athletic trainer
- Clinical exercise physiologist
- Medical doctor
- Personal trainer
- Strength and conditioning coach
- Physician assistant
- Sports nutritionist
- Health club manager
- Medical sales executive